Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am in glee!


Actually double glee. I have been rummaging through some old cookbooks from a old book store, and found over 10 priceless copies of 1965-1980 printed US library discard books. I spent so much time thinking which one to do, and I did this first.

This is a oatmeal-wheat-date muffin. The recipe originally has eggs. For all those who need eggless bakes, substitute one egg with one tablespoon flaxseed powder mixed with two tablespoons water. Healthy, Eggless Muffins.

So yaay! No more thinking eggless bakes taste little less good. This one is awesome, with honey, walnuts et all!

Update : I tried the same recipe with brown sugar and whole wheat. Still pretty nice, though not very spongy on texture.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent! Thanks for the flax tip.

    Did you use white refined wheat?
    And white sugar?
    If you replaced these two ingredients with whole wheat and natural sweetner, that would be great!

    I am assuming dates provide enough sweetness, so no sugar.

    An interesting cake http://jugalbandi.info/2010/01/ironwoman-date-orange-cake-and-lemony-molasses-tea/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used whole wheat flour - the one with the husk intact. And I used brown sugar(nattu chakkarai). Not much though. This muffin is not sweet at all. Checked that cake. Intersting, but dont know where I can find most of those stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum..love muffins and can have those any time of the day.Did you pick up the books in Chennai? Where..where..;)??

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Say it out, don't be shy!